Grade: 3.1 £17,682
Contract: Full time, fixed term
Hours: 35 per week
Start date: TBC, likely 1st August 2021
This is an exciting one-year opportunity for any Durham student who will have recently graduated. The post holder will work within Experience Durham supporting Music Durham and the development of student music.
The successful candidate will work closely with Experience Durham and Music Durham to:
- Assist in the development of a cohesive and coordinated approach to student music within the University
- Increase participation in student music within the University
- Enhance the profile and promotion of student music within the University
- Work with the Head of Student Music to carry out strategic long-term improvements
Roles and Duties:
- To support and encourage the on-going development of existing and new music groups and activities
- To work with student music groups to research and provide activities and opportunities that meet the diverse needs and interests of students
- To support student groups and societies in the administration, organisation and development of their activities, events and structures
- To work to ensure a culture of participation, empowerment and personal development within student music groups and societies
- To provide administrative support to societies and groups on budget, income and expenditure, student group plans and the end of year report
- To ensure the successful implementation of policies and procedures for student music groups and societies
- To work with students to continue to build online provision, recognising the advantages of a strong online output in addition to in-person activity.
Undergraduate Music Scholars
- To support the development and engagement of V.C and Durham Inspired music scholars and report on their achievements
- To ensure that all Music scholars are fully engaged and supported in Durham student music
- To work with scholars to ensure that they understand and fulfil their responsibilities
- To establish a mentor programme for incoming scholars
Marketing and Promotion
- To work with the Partners and individual student organisations to increase the profile of student music and enhance the promotion of individual productions within the University
- To work within existing marketing and publicity frameworks to increase the profile if opportunities designed to increase levels of student participation
- To work with Partners to improve the publicity and promotion of music events within the University
- To coordinate the development and delivery of a community programme in conjunction with Student Volunteering
- To signpost volunteer students towards Student Volunteering projects, encouraging them to work in local schools and to support teachers in the delivery of school music
- To work with Student Volunteering to target local schools to help expand and develop their curriculum time
- A Durham University undergraduate or postgraduate student recent graduate
- Experience of music performance
- Experience of organising and/or participating in student groups
- Willing and able to work in a student-led, democratic environment
- Commitment to equal opportunities and removing barriers to participation
- Able to work effectively in a team and use own initiative
- Knowledge of marketing
- Experience of broadening engagement and participation
Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including use of Microsoft Office
The deadline for receipt of applications is 5:00pm on Sunday 31st January 2021.
Applications should be submitted, by email, to [email protected].
Applications should include an up-to-date curriculum vitae and a covering letter of no more than 500 words explaining why you would like to be offered the post and what skills and experience you possess to allow you to succeed in the role.
Interviews will take place on 5th February 2021.