Grade: Grade 3.1
Contract: 12 months fixed term contract, start date: 1 July 2021. (Subject to the needs of the University).
Hours: 09.00-17.00 Monday to Friday; with flexibility to work evenings and weekends
Supporting the Monitoring and evaluating of the team with data entry systems.
- Support organisation of events
- Support the team on designing, and devising marketing material to be accesses by the student community and partners.
- Attend meetings and interact with Colleges, Student Union and various student groups to market and recruit students.
- Prepare and deliver speeches and presentations to various student groups.
- Undergo training to understand existing publicity frameworks to increase profile opportunities
- Work with design partners to ensure the print and production of design material
- Advertising opportunities through the weekly emails.
- Prepare and manage social media platforms
- Gain understanding of international social media platforms and accessibility
- Student Engagement
- Support the team with events and workshops
- Ensuring and confirming attendees and encouraging further participation from students.
- Educated to degree level (expected or achieved).
- Five GCSE’s at least Grade C or level four (or equivalent) including English Language and Mathematics (or equivalent experience).
- Convey a genuine enthusiasm for student enrichment.
- Friendly and approachable manner, with a commitment to the principles and practices of equality and diversity.
- Ability to work as part of a team and to be receptive to new ideas.
- Excellent organisational skills with a high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and on own initiative.
- Excellent IT skills in Microsoft Office, especially in Word and Excel.
- Experience of working as part of a team in a customer-focussed service to ensure the delivery of high quality services.
- Experience of managing time in order to meet deadlines.
- Ability to solve problems as part of a team and resolve straightforward issues.
- Good knowledge of Durham University