What is it?
Turtle Song is a singing and song-writing initiative for people with dementia and their carers. The project is led by a professional composer and director.
Where is it?
42 Market Place, Bishop Auckland
County Durham DL14 7PB
When is it?
Dates: Thursdays 7th, 14th, 21st October and 4th, 11th, 18th and 25th November, with final sharing on Thursday 2nd December
- You would need to commit to the full project as continuity with the participants is key
- Be positive and enthusiastic
- Each week you will work with the composer, director & participants to write songs as a large group, you will also break into smaller groups and help to lead creation
- You will help to provide accompaniment to the songs with the composer
- You will have the opportunity to perform to the group each week